High-quality brickwork can add charm and texture to any building, which is why we at SA Paramount Co. Inc. love helping our customers incorporate it into their homes and businesses.
If you’ve been thinking about unique ways to upgrade your space, here are just a few of our favorite brickwork techniques that you can consider:
- Artful Accents – If you’re building a new construction home or business and want to incorporate brickwork without making the whole building brick, consider using exposed brick accents. This works especially well with materials like stucco, and when used around focal areas like windows, doorways, or arches, it can add an eye-catching pop of color and texture.
- Mixed Materials – As mentioned above, brickwork looks great with stucco, but it also plays nicely with other materials like wood, stone, and metal. Try combining brick pillars with metal railings or lining your gravel walkway with brickwork laid in an attractive pattern.
- Punchy Patterns – While there’s nothing wrong with classic running pattern brickwork, there are also plenty of ways to liven things up if you’re feeling bold. Herringbone, chevron, and basketweave are all popular options that add interest to any surface.
- Classic Colors– Painting the brickwork is a great way to bring new life to an existing building. Light colors can brighten things up, and if you’re not quite ready to fully cover your brickwork, whitewashing is an excellent option that can allow some of the original brick color to shine through.
- Layered Landscaping – Brick features like walkways and flower bed borders can add definition and depth to your landscaping, or you can go bigger and include brickwork walls or archways to make a statement or focal point.
If you’d like to use brickwork to spruce up your home or business’s curb appeal, contact our team to learn more about how we can assist you!